New Festool DWC 18 Drywall Screw Gun
The new Festool DWC 18 Cordless Drywall Screw Gun will be available beginning September 12th, 2016. The DWC 18 includes a unique set of features that drywall installers will surely be excited about including the following:
- Brushless motor technology - Significantly extends battery life, more efficient resulting in more power to the bit, and fewer wear parts to extend the life of the tool.
- Push-to-Drive technology - When placed in the AUTO mode, the user only needs to press the tip of the drill against the wall to drive screws, no need to hold down a trigger. This reduces fatigue while increasing efficiency. This mode also extends battery life since the motor is only on for the shortest period of time needed to drive the screw.
- Micro-adjust Setting - Dial in the perfect depth to set screws. The micro-adjust dial changes the screw depth in increments of 1/256 of an inch with each click. Changing screw lengths? No problem! There's no need to change the depth setting when you switch between screw lengths.
- Collated Screw Compatibility - While you can get Festool collated drywall screws in various lengths with fine or coarse threads, you can also choose from a broad selection of collated screws from other manufacturers. The DWC 18 is compatible with Senco-style collated screws.
- Depth Stop Chuck - The included depth stop chuck is a great complement to the collated screw magazine. It allows you to use non-collated screws while retaining the ability to dial in the perfect depth setting.
- Close-at-Hand - The DWC 18 comes with integrated belt and scaffold hooks to keep the drill close by when you need it.
- 3-Year Warranty - Like all Festool power tools, the SysLite DUO is covered by Festool's comprehensive 3-year service all-inclusive warranty. This includes free shipping to and from the repair center should you need warranty repair.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee - As with all Festool power tools, you can buy with confidence because you're covered by a 30-day money back guarantee. While online reviews offer a good basis for whether a product is generally good or not, why not try it yourself?